Hey everyone! HugTrainUSA plans starting to come together!
The dates have changed just a little bit; and we are starting earlier than ever!
With all that has happened this year we just feel that our hugs are needed even more.
So, this year we will be making a pre-launch stop in New York City to give some hugs to Sandy survivors – we will be there from December 21 to 23 and the Hug-a-thon will continue until our finale which will be in Miami on January 7, 2013 –
All our confirmed events are on our itinerary page.
As you may have read this year’s trip is dedicated to the survivors and victims of the movie theatre shooting in
Aurora, Colorado on 20 July 2012 – and we are raising money for the Brain & Behaviour Research Foundation and another more support-focused charity to be announced soon!
The link for donations is: http://hugtrain.org/donate
We have so many plans in action, by many helpers of the HugTrainUSA and its all starting to come together now,
thank goodness as it is less than 3 weeks until we leave! Toot!
- There is a new VERY COOL logo being designed
- Nokia has sent a couple of their Lumia smartphones and an activated SIM card – a big thank you to them for helping out.
- PayItForward bracelets will be distributed to the people we hug to help us track our impact
- A singer is recording the HugTrain theme song, and we will publish it soon permissions permitting
- A press release will go out shortly
- We are planning more events along the route!
- Posters are being made and other artwork maybe for T-shirts
- Waiting for news on two more charities we are hoping to raise money for
Exciting stuff isn’t it ! We can’t wait to get on-board the HUGSTRAINUSA
However although we do have few sponsors including NOKIA but we don’t have nearly enough, we still
would love some kind donations to cover costs – so if you can help The HugTrain, please get in touch
*HUGS* – contact details below.
We are still looking for people that might like to organise events at some of the stops please let us know if you can
help out. and we would appreciate a place to rest in Phildelphia, San Jose, San Francisco and DC